School Bushfire Plan
With the recent extreme heat, we need to remind our families that our school has a Bushfire plan. Below is the basic understandings that we ask our families to be aware of.
In the event of a fire, which threatens Puckapunyal Base on a normal school day, the Emergency Plan for Puckapunyal Primary School will be activated.
• All staff and students of the Puckapunyal Primary School and Multi-Function Centre will be evacuated to the Pitman-Coffey Centre on the school grounds (PC Centre).
• A Liaison Officer from the Department of Defence will be deployed to Puckapunyal PS to assist.
• On-going liaison will occur between Department of Education, Base Management, and the CFA and this will determine the next phase of action. If necessary, all remaining staff and students will be evacuated to The Area Theatre.
• Via facebook, text messages and the school sign, families will be notified by the school of an Evacuation to the PC Centre or the Area Theatre.
CODE RED DAY
A Code Red Day will be communicated to all communities via the media prior to a Code Red Day occurring. Via school notes, facebook, assemblies, text messages and the school sign, families will be notified by the school of a Code Red Day.
• Puckapunyal Primary School will be closed on a Code Red Day.
• Families will need to keep children home from school on a Code Red Day and activate their individual family Bushfire Plans.