The Puckapunyal Primary School is an ‘open’ school that always encourages parental participation.We believe that the success of any child’s education is the direct result of the working relationship between home and school. Education is a three way partnership between students, parents and teachers. We encourage all parents to take an active role in their child’s education. Research demonstrates that the best outcomes for the learning of children when parents engage in and take an active interest in the lives & learning of their children.
Parents are encouraged to:
- Talk to your child about school
- Listen to your child read at home
- Be aware of your child’s homework and home reading requirements
- Attend Parent Information nights
- Attend Parent/Teacher Interviews
- Organise interviews if there are concerns
- Visit the school during special days/nights, eg. Maths Family Nights, Fun and Fitness Days, Education Week activities, Monday morning assemblies, etc
- Read weekly newsletters, school website and School Facebook page
- When possible, volunteer for working bees, fundraising activities, class reading, excursions, etc
- Be supportive of the School
- Become involved e.g tutoring, classroom helpers, school council etc….
- Provide feedback to the school. Be aware of school policies
Classroom Helper Program
At the start of each year the school offers a ‘Classroom Helpers’ Course’. This program is designed to provide parents with the knowledge to support teachers and students in the classroom and throughout the school. If you wish to participate in this program, please leave your name at the office.
It is expected that those who participate in this program will be willing to volunteer at least 1 hour per week as a helper. This commitment of time ensures relationships with teachers and students are consistent and valuable.
The 3 sessions of this course cover:
- Being a Classroom Helper
- Literacy Focus
- Numeracy Focus
- Classroom Visits
You will require a Working With Children check and forms are available at the Office. You will also be required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement. If you want further information, please speak to Mrs Challis or Mr Warne.
The next course will be held in February 2017. The session dates and times are:
- to be advised